The ITHACA MUSIC FORUM presents, "Hip-Hop on Earth," a roundtable of theory and practice
The Ithaca Music Forum presents a remarkable roundtable on Hip-Hop as a music, a cultural practice, and a source of history. Free, with food.
HIP-HOP on EARTH, featuring
• SAMMUS (Enongo Lumumba-Kasongo) on songwriting and method
• Alex Blue V on the art and politics of production and "flipping" samples
• Carlos Ramirez on reggaetón in Puerto Rico
• Ben Ortiz on hip-hop archives
• Dr, Catherine Appert, moderator & expert on Senegalese hip-hop
Friday, April 26 at 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Individuals who would like to request accessibility accommodations should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that requests be made as soon as possible to ensure they can be met.